Wednesday 30 June 2010

Swim Swam Swum

Weather has been weird for this half of the year - winter was way longer making summer shine a bit late. With heavy rain for the past week, the sun finally got a chance to beam from yesterday but the weatherman says that we should expect more rain in the weekend. When you don't have much to talk about, you talk about the weather (as per Mum - she learnt that from the British).

There is not much to blog about as we are still recovering very s....l....o....w...l...y from the birthday weekend - yes! it was like 2 weekends ago and Mum has been busy finishing the pending errands which were on hold till the birthday party. Also, she has been thinking whether to close this blog to the public since many readers might think it as silly for a blog to be written through MY eyes...............

As she tries to make a decision for this blog, let me tell you a bit about the "title". It's a public holiday on 1 July for Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day - it commemorates the transfer of the sovereignty of HK from the UK to the PRC. While lots of people will march for universal suffrage on this day, Mum will take me to the swimming pool instead - you can tell where her priority lies. Like any overbearing caring Mum, she has done all the research - which sunblock to buy? where to buy? which spf to use? which swimming diaper is the best? how to make my first swimming experience a good one? etc. etc. She contributes a LOT to the traffic on google!

9 comments:

RoseBelle said...

Blog as you will, don't let others deter you from what you want to do. I think it's a different spin in blogging. Everyone has different approaches.

As for weather, it's raining in HK? It's partially sunny in SF but still chilly which is better than last week when it was cloudy and gray.

Unknown said...

You have a wonderful blog. Please don't let it go. You do have many readers who enjoy your posts. And as Rosebelle said, don't let others decide what you should and shouldn't.
Good luck with the first swim and have lots of fun.

Buckeroomama said...

I know what you mean about the weather being weird! We haven't even gone to the beach this year when in previous years, we would've gone as early as April!

Thinking of going to the beach tomorrow... :)

Buckeroomama said...

I second what RoseBelle said. :)

Cheeseboy said...

How did I miss you following my blog?

Well, I am following now and I say you stick around. I know of no other baby bloggers and I think it is rather creative.

natalee said...

you have a great blog.....don't worry about others write from your heart

Serline said...

There's such a thing as swimming diaper?!? I just keep my fingers crossed and hope Narelle does not pollute the pool ;-P

alicia said...

I agree with Natalie. Write whatever you want. It's your blog.

Natasha in Oz said...

I am late to the party but you should listen to what everyone here has said! Blog the way you want!

Take care and best wishes,
Natasha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails