Monday 6 September 2010

Game On!

Due to Mum being sick, the blog was running empty for over a week but she has finally recovered from cold, cough, runny nose/blocked nose, high fever and body-aches. Her body is not the same anymore after giving birth to me, which she reminds me that I was totally all worth it! Maybe the reminding is meant to be more for her than me.

I've been showing more interest on walking when someone holds my hands and I also move around on the walker more. The interest doesn't last very long though. I can easily ignore Helper's effort to try making me walk but with Dad, it's a different scenario as he doesn't give up as easily as Helper. Good thing that Dad doesn't get that many days off from work!

My latest obsession is emptying my play-basket and the middle drawer (full of CDs and DVDs) of the TV cabinet. I hear a good number of "No!" being thrown towards me while I take everything out but I'd rather keep Helper busy than bored. Mum is trying to teach me how to put those things back in place but I'm not getting the hang of it because emptying the basket and drawer is more fun! As soon as the floor is tidy, I pull everything out once again but one time, no one moved to clear up the mess. I waited and waited.....and waited till I fell into a snooze. By the time I was awake, the floor was clean so I went to pull everything out again. Score: One to Ash!

10 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

Oh my goodness,your poor mummy! Do you know that my Big Al had exactly the same fascination with DVDs and he would find it terribly funny to look me right in the eye and pull every single one out of the drawer! You boys are so cheeky!

Please give your mum a big hug and tell her that we hope she is feeling much better now.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Lori said...

First of all please give your mommy a hug for me and tell her that I hope she is feeling better.

Secondly, you will be walking when you are good and ready. Before your mommy and daddy know it, you will be running, climbing and doing all kinds of things and they will almost forget what it was like when you didn't walk. :)

It sounds like you are getting pretty smart with this dumping out that you are doing. Just tell mommy to make sure the floors are clean and that the things stored in the lower cabinets are safe for you. They need to let you empty away and then help you put things back because that is how you learn.

Your a too cute to fall asleep in the middle of all that fun.

Tell them that all of this is part of your learning and just maybe one of these days you could surprise her by putting it all back by yourself!

NENSA MOON said...

Ohh..Ash, Im glad that your mom now was getting well..
Looks like you grown rapidly...
Your mom must be proud of you!

love,
auntie nensa

Liz Mays said...

I am glad to hear mom is on the mend now. Perhaps you could help mum out a little bit by occasionally putting things back after you empty them???

Elle said...

I hope your mum is feeling better. My mummy, Elle, was sick recently but I was having too much fun causing chaos to let her rest.

We just moved this weekend so I've been quite the helper when it comes to emptying out all of the boxes.

The little hummingbird

Buckeroomama said...

Glad mum is feeling a lot better now. :)

You are just like J & Z. They loved doing that, too, at your age. :)

Dorcas said...

Your poor mum! I am she's feeling better! Take care of her!

lamina@do a bit said...

My Max LOVES to empty things all over he floor too... too much fun hey!!! :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OH mum hope you're feeling better, it's no fun when mum is sick too!

Oh yes that is so fun throwing those everywhere :)

Stephanie said...

Poor Mummy! LOL Glad she is feeling better:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails